Tuesday, January 10

Sing, Choirs of Angels

Last month my friend, Emily, asked me what my favorite Christmas song was.....I thought about it and was overwhelmed with the thought - how can you choose?   O Holy Night has always been a favorite carol...the words describing the story of Jesus birth, the dramatic "fall on your knees" part, the fact that we had this song in our wedding....all in all, it's a true classic.  BUT, as the season continued and I heard more Christmas music than I thought possible....it was clear.  I love O Come All Ye Faithful.  There is something about this song's joyful invitation to sing, come & adore....something about the imagery of a choir of angels singing....something about this being the song they sing in that Christmas Brady Bunch special where Mike Brady gets stuck in the collapsed building and he reappears after the crowd sings this accapella (clearly lead by Carol Brady)....something about it makes it my favorite.  :)

Other favorites from Christmas....

 Baking and decorating cookies with my nieces and my mom!  Mom started this tradition last year with the girls...Hadley gave me the invite this year and I hope we can make it a Williams girls tradition.


Getting to spend extra time with our family....especially the little ones!  They are changing so much.  Hadley has turned into a bonafide little girl with her heels and make-up bag.  Reese is just hilarious.  Hudson...well, he doesn't quite know what to think quite yet...


 Our Christmas Day bonfire with the Scott's....one of my favorite traditions! 


 Our new stockings...hung by the chimney with care.  I love ours on the left, but I think I love Mulligan's most.   We had a "skinny" tree this year!


What a wonderful Christmas vacation!  It comes and goes in a hurry....unless you're enrolled at Emory, of course.  It is truly the gift that keeps on giving....

No comments:

Post a Comment