Thursday, May 3

Chop Talk

It's been awhile...but I'm back!

I'm sure you can relate, but I have no idea how May got here!  After the hustle and bustle of the holidays & new year, I tried to make a conscious effort to relax the last few months and not feel the need to photograph, document and write about everything going on...and I think I needed the breather.  Sometimes I struggle with feeling the need to capture events with my camera so we can remember them, but then often I find that I never felt like I was truly "present" when I later flip through the photos.... but I think I had enough of that down time and I'm feeling recharged.  :)

Spring popped in early this year gave Atlanta a lot of warm sunshine and beautiful days.  It quickly shifted into full fledged summer with recent temps hitting the high 80s.  With the heat and the summer flair, I've been especially pumped about Braves season this year.   Growing up I was a HUGE Braves fan....like embarrassingly fanatic.  My sisters always made fun of me (which was probably sisters being sisters....)  But it was a huge part of my childhood...going to games with my Dad, decorating our basement with my collection of posters, tickets and baseball cards, and memorizing stats for the team.  I subscribed to Chop Talk, the Braves monthly magazine, and was crazy excited when mail came for me each month.  :)  My favorite Brave was Chipper.  Maybe it had something to do with him being a rookie when I first got into baseball, but he was so my hero.  Then reality showed up when the drama broke loose in 2008 about him cheating on his wife....and honestly, I was crushed.  I think that was the beginning of me "moving on" from being a huge Braves fan.

Years later, I'm feeling a renewed sense of loyalty to my hometown team, and an excitement for this season.  We were thrilled to get the opportunity to go to opening night at Turner Field in April...the perfect start for a fun-filled season.  I've decided you don't have to be a kid or a guy to love baseball...Go Braves!!!

1 comment:

  1. whoaaaaaa whoaaaaaa whoaaaaaaaaaaohaaaaaaaa whoaaaaaaa whoaaaaaa whoaaaaaaohaaaaaaohhhh
    We were destined to be friends - I love the braves too - but now I see, not as much as you. I never decorated the basement with posters and baseball cards and ticket stubs.
    You are absolutely hard core girl! You are probably Daye's hero!
    Love you and glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete